Orzo (pasta) Superfast Soup - Comfort Food


It's so cold! Brrr!
And what's the best food you can have during this weather? 
Soup, of course! 

Soups always warm you up from the inside out. Both physically and morally. 

This recipe is really easy and fast to make. It's nutritious and delicious, so what's not to like?

Please, be sensible with the quantities and if you don't have an ingredient, add something else you like. Be creative. 
This comfort food is not pretentious.


Note that this version is very dense. You can make it more watery. I was very hungry

Although I always make my soup at home, for the sake of this recipe, I used stock cubes.


Degree of difficulty: none
Preparation time: 10 min
Servings: 2


Ingredients
  • 500 ml soup  = 3 - 4 mugs - the one you fancy: beef, chicken, vegetable. Homemade or bought. You can also use 2  stock cubes or broth
  • 200 g of very small shaped pasta - orzo pasta is the best in this case
  • 30 g = 3 spoons of any type of cheddar, Grana Padano, parmesan, etc. 

Optional
  • 1 teaspoon paprika (chilli)
  • 100 g brussels sprout
  • 20 g seaweed
Method of preparation
  • Prepare a pot or saucepan of the size you desire/have, pour the hot soup, the stock and/or the broth. Add the pasta, cover up and allow boiling for 7 - 8 minutes. 
  • Add the grated cheese and serve hot with fresh bread, toasts, crackers, cubes of toasted or fried bread = croutons 

As I mentioned, you can make this soup watery or very dense. Depending on your taste. 
I make it in many ways.

The basic variant: soup + orzo or stars (small shaped) pasta + grated cheese is one of the dishes most ordered in Italian restaurants by parents for their kids.
They love it!!!
So if children love it, you'll adore it.

If you are gluten intolerant, please use gluten-free pasta, rice, couscous, etc.
If you are vegan, use vegetable stock cubes.

Buon appetite!


2 comments

  1. I had chicken and orzo soup in a cafe once and now I love orzo soup! Thank you - I’m going to try this x

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this recipe or idea, please take positive action.
Like, comment and share the love.

As you might know - or have guessed due to the book covers on the side - I am an indie author in need of support.
Visit and follow me on social networks and blogs.
I am everywhere because I work night and day to promote my work and fulfil my dream.

Give and it shall be given to you.

May the universe be always on your side.